Sunday 2 December 2012

Vegetarian Quesadilla

Here's a  little bit of a twist on a good ole family fave. Quesadillas are one of my boyfriend's favourites. As he's not much of the adventurous type when it comes to dining out or trying new things quesadillas are pretty much his go to food at any restaurant and he considers himself quite the "quesadilla connoisseur".

I made these quesadillas vegetarian and packed full of vitamins and nutrients. I started out with an organic spelt and chia seed wrap and layered it with black beans that I sauted with onions, garlic, peppers, chipotle chili powder and cumin. I added some cooked quinoa to the black beans, spread it out on my wrap, topped it with aged cheddar and grilled it on my panini grill.

Once the quesadilla was grilled I served it up with some arugula that I tossed with a bit olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper as well as a hand cut fresh salsa and homemade guacamole that whose recipes will be a post all there own.

Voila! Dinner is served:)

No comments:

Post a Comment